Assurance maps and Assurance frameworks are important tools to ensure key risks are assured across your organisation – driving out gaps and addressing overlaps.
The principles seem straightforward but there are many stories of lengthy, complex and incomplete assurance mapping efforts. This masterclass will give you a thorough understanding in the principles and practical application of Assurance maps, as well as Assurance frameworks.
Who should attend?
- heads of internal audit
- internal audit managers.
- Others involved in assurance processes
- IIA and other definitions of an assurance map and assurance framework
- The different sorts of assurance maps and their benefits
- What do we mean by reasonable assurance?
- The important role of accountability and accountability mapping frameworks
- case studies – financial controls, compliance, projects, streamlined board reporting
- frameworks for improving the co-ordination between audit and assurance providers and driving efficiency
- How to co-ordinate reporting across different GRC functions
- Other benefits
- The implications of an assurance approach for audit planning and assignments
- insights on key areas to prioritise and the pitfalls to avoid
James Paterson PIIA